Ensuring Up Time in the Telecom Industry: Dial in to Routine Preventive Maintenance for Critical Power Equipment
As a telecom provider, even the briefest amount of downtime can significantly impact your business.
Because customers rely on your connectivity and communication services in to be up and running at all times, any blip in availability can cause widespread business disruption.
From seasonal storms to aging infrastructure to the overtaxed power grid, there is no shortage of downtime threats.
In fact, one independent market research firm found that 34% of telecom providers experienced at least 15 incidents per year, with mobile operators spending some $20 billion on network outages and service degradation.
Thankfully, regularly scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) for your critical power infrastructure is one of the most cost-effective and successful strategies to averting downtime and minimizing the chance of equipment failure and costly repairs.
Backed by decades of experience, Unified Power offers an extensive range of service options to ensure the ongoing, optimal performance of telecom UPS systems and generators.
Telecom Providers Have a Lot to Lose
If your critical power equipment does not receive routine preventive maintenance, your business is vulnerable to the unwelcome consequences of downtime, including:
● Long-term loss of revenue from dissatisfied customers
● Lost productivity and potential overtime hours to resolve the issue
● Replacement costs and expensive repair bills
● Damaged reputation from negative publicity, which can affect future growth
The average cost of disruption to wireless service is $4.8 million per hour, according to Wireless Review.
Comprehensive UPS Services For Telecom Companies
Professionally trained on all major manufacturers’ equipment and an affordable service alternative to Original Equipment Manufacturers, Unified Power’s technicians are located across the nation and ready to perform the services you need at your convenience ── whether it’s the middle of the night or during regular business hours.
They will identify premature wear and tear of components, ascertain overall system reliability, and validate that your critical infrastructure is achieving your organization’s up time goals.
Our offering includes:
● UPS Preventive Maintenance Plans
● Emergency Service
● UPS Rentals
● Battery Preventive Maintenance, Capacity Testing & Recycling
● UPS Capacitor Service
Critical Generator Services For Telecom
Unified Power’s Generator Services enable issues to be identified and resolved before they turn into expensive problems. During maintenance, all generator parts are checked, cleaned and tested to ensure they are functioning as intended, resulting in the ability to:
● Proactively detect issues
● Optimize ongoing performance & safety
● Save money
● Bolster overall efficiency
Why does a UPS fail?
Among the most common causes of UPS failures are:
● Batteries ● Fans
● Capacitors ● Transient spikes
● Internal connections ● Blocked air filters
● User error ● Stress or overheating of power supplies
Preventive maintenance identifies wear and tear, damage to parts and components, hot spots and other factors that make critical equipment susceptible to downtime.
Studies have revealed that more than two-thirds of downtime events stem from preventable causes, including insufficient maintenance, components wearing out due to age and user error. Meanwhile, up to 20% fail because of bad batteries.
The Unified Power Difference
For more than two decades, Unified Power has been a trusted provider of world-class services that optimize the reliability and performance of critical power equipment. Engaging for service with Unified Power gives you access to:
● 24/7 national dispatch center with guaranteed emergency response times
● Highly skilled and continuously trained technicians
● Dedicated customer care representative
● World-class technical support
● Comprehensive web-based service reporting
● Immediate access to logistics and parts
● Preferred customer rates for non-contract services
● Average savings of 20% on Telecom maintenance agreements