About the Role:
Seeking an accomplished web developer specializing in ColdFusion with multiple talents/skills for a full time position in the Dallas, TX area with great potential for growth. The following description details our company, the job role and mandatory skills needed to be considered for this position.
It is preferred that the employee works on site, but partially remote work may be possible for this position.
About Unified Power Solutions:
Unified Power provides its customers with high-quality, competitively priced preventative, proactive, and emergency services on Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), DC-Plants, Static Switches (STS), Power Distribution Units (PDU), Generators, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and Switchgear across the USA. Today, Unified Power is the premier national service provider of critical power services to more than 7,000 customers across the United States. Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure. Our professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and education institutions.
Applicant should be able to work independently and in a team environment, and should be capable of delivering intuitive application design, development, and support. The ideal candidate will also be eager to learn new technologies and actively keep themselves abreast of emerging business system design and development techniques.
The position entails the following:
- Work in diverse areas such as interactive web design and development, database architecture, user applications, etc.
- Develop and implement solutions for both our field service personnel and our customers
- Perform necessary investigation, analysis, and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Develop programming specifications and data design.
- Follow development standards when coding and maintaining applications, components, and common services - including the use of standard languages and tools.
- Define, build, and execute rigorous and thorough testing plans.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews.
- Maintaining and enhancing Unified Power’s employee-facing and customer-facing field service application including:
- Ensuring cross-browser optimization.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Seeing through fixes and enhancement projects from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs and integrations with NetSuite, Unified Power’s ERP
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Experience with ColdFusion
- Experience with Lucee CFML is preferred
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as ColdFusion, PHP, NodeJS
- Proficiency with SOAP / Restful APIs
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with NetSuite and/or willingness to learn SuiteScript is a plus
- Familiarity with migrating legacy ColdFusion application to Lucee or other languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Must be a citizen of United States or Permanent resident (Greencard)