Our Safety Director will implement and directly oversee the safety, risk and assessment program for all business units and be directly responsible for managing the safety and risk associated with all company operations. The Safety Director will proactively plan, direct, and implement the Company’s safety program to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. The Safety Director supports the Field Operations Leadership to ensure each region and business unit is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, vendors, and the general public, as well as ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, county, and local safety related regulations. The Safety Director sets the tone for corporate safety and risk management, demonstrates strong leadership skills, works well in a team environment, has excellent communication skills, and strives to enrich the Company Culture.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Safety Director include:
- Implement and maintain the Safety Program
- Assist in the development and acceptance of job hazard analysis (JHA), Site Safety Work Plans, Public Hazard Analysis, and Environmental Management Plans
- Implement and manage fleet safety program
- Engages in Site safety inspections, coordinating corrections with all contractors
- Scope of operations to oversee include warehouse locations (forklifts), battery handling and storage as well as field operations
- Continually establish safety/environmental goals for the company
- Work with Leadership, Operations and HR to create, revise & monitor safety policies and procedures
- Continue to reduce and minimize accidents, injuries and illnesses through communication, training and implementation of policies and procedures
- Develop KPI’s, reporting and tracking documentation for strategic customer compliance
- Manage PPE program including vendor selection
- Liaison with Risk Management Broker to maximize coverage with minimized incremental cost (includes workers comp and auto)
- Maintaining good record keeping in regard to accidents and injuries, and other related OSHA reports
- Administer safety and environmental training to all employees
- Identify and eliminate any unsafe workplace conditions and recognized hazards, and ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and all other legal requirements
- Keep well informed on new regulations (OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DOT) and develop initial recommendations for their implementation
- Support employee involvement in the safety process
- Must be able to coach, train and educate field employees on electrical safety requirements for AC and DC, Arc Flash and authorized hot work permits as needed
- Lead the safety incident investigation/ root cause analysis process to ensure the quality, timeliness, and communication of the process
- Review all accident reports, analyze all cases, and take necessary steps to ensure that action plans that are carried out
- Ensure that all hazardous chemicals have a current SDS in the system. Coordinate with each region the updating of SDS information
- Plan, coordinate, and audit weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings
- Assist leadership team in evaluating potential acquisition targets with respect to their safety, health, and environmental programs
- Develop safety meeting presentations for scheduled classroom training
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Safety or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of safety management experience, including program creation and implementation
- Familiar with 3rd party EHS auditing portals, such as ISNetworld, Avetta, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to provide afterhours support for incident response emergencies
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time the first year
- Technical expertise in critical power systems operation and maintenance
- Fundamental background/experience in Microsoft applications
- Proficient in customer relations management practices
- Functional knowledge of small enterprise accounting practices
- Proficient in organizational file management
- Expert-level technical writing and editing preferred
- Excellent Salary!
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at our World-Class Training Center.
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Company-provided credit card to cover work related travel expenses
- Company-provided cell phone
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
Our Corporate Values
- SAFETY FIRST - ‘Safety Doesn’t Happen by Accident!’
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY & ACCOUNTABILITY – ‘In All We Do!’
- KNOCK-THEIR-SOCKS-OFF – ‘Customer Satisfaction Always!’
- BEST-IN-CLASS – ‘Employee Career Satisfaction!’
- SUSTAINED, PROFITABLE GROWTH FOCUS!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Unified Power is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.