Unified Power is the premier national service provider of critical power services to more than 3,000 customers across the United States. Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure. Our professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and education institutions. Our fast-growing company is well capitalized and is seeking to attract highly-skilled, highly-motivated, success-driven, customer-focused professionals to join our team.
We are currently seeking:
Human Resource Specialist
Terrell, TX Facility
(Only 30 miles from Downtown Dallas)
We are seeking a talented Human Resource professional that will provide a variety of support in functional areas of our human resource department, which may include recruitment & employment, personnel recordkeeping, employee relations, compensation, and benefit administration. Whether it’s an employee that has a question about benefits, policies, or needs help with a sensitive issue; or a job candidate that has a question about their interview status or the new hire onboarding process, the Human Resource Specialist will be the primary go-to person. The HR Specialist is critical in providing great customer service support and driving human resources functional excellence by maintaining a positive HR presence throughout the organization.
- Provide first-line human resource support in a timely manner to all internal and external customers.
- Educate, communicate, and answer questions related to company handbook policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees.
- Ensure data integrity in the HRIS systems and understand the impacts of the data for HR reporting.
- Compile sensitive and confidential personnel statistics and prepare reports as requested.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the ADP HRIS system by processing, verifying, and maintaining documentation relating to disciplinary actions, EE changes of status, entering of deductions for benefits, direct deposits, wage changes, job title changes, performance evaluations, training, and identifying and resolving system discrepancies.
- Create, organize, and maintain HR department records and employment files for each employee.
- Assist with recruiting and staffing logistics including reviewing employment applications to evaluate qualifications and eligibility of applicants, interviewing, handling background testing, drug screening and recruiting testing processes. Respond to applicant inquiries.
- Responsible for on-boarding newly hired employees to include completion of employment documents & new hire orientation, ensure timely and proper completion of I-9s and E-Verify and auditing to ensure legal compliance.
- Responsible for the administration of benefits to include benefit orientation, answering benefit questions, resolving benefit issues, assisting with open enrollment, maintaining providers web sites with changes and updates, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Administer performance evaluation program and revisions as necessary
- Process termination documentation for employees.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Coordinate completion and processing of required documentation for employee leave of absences; FMLA, short-term disability, personal, etc.
- Coordinate company sponsored events.
- Make recommendations for HR process improvements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist the HR team with special projects when needed.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent work experience with a minimum requirement of 5 years in a Human Resources or other Business Administration role
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Must be success-driven and customer-focused
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in high stress, high demand environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Good time and project management skills
- Tactical thinker and multi-tasker
- Strengths in problem solving follow up and details
- Excellent Salary
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University.
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
Our Corporate Values
- Safety First – “Safety Doesn’t Happen By Accident!”
- Personal Integrity & Accountability in All We Do!
- Knock-Their-Socks-Off Customer Satisfaction!
- Best-In-Class Employee Career Satisfaction!
- Sustained, Profitable Growth!
Our employees make the difference through their passion and purpose every day! Come be a part of our success!