Tristar Power Solutions, a Unified Power Company is a premier national service provider, providing services to Uninterrupted Power Supply Units, Generators, DC Plants, PDU’s and other critical power equipment to more than 7,000 customers across the country.
Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure. Our professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and education institutions.
Our fast-growing company is well capitalized and seeking to attract highly skilled, highly motivated, success-driven, customer-focused GENERATOR TECHNICIANS to deliver high quality generator repairs and maintenance to our customer.
As a Critical Facility Generator Technician, you will be responsible for scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of standby power equipment. You will troubleshoot, repair and maintain engines used in standby power equipment – Diagnose trouble, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear. Candidate must have basic knowledge of electrical components.
- Accurately troubleshoot, repair, and diagnose both routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of state-of-the-art critical equipment systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with power generation equipment, including problems with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and generator controls AC and DC.
- Make repair recommendations to customers; order appropriate parts to complete repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Refuel generators during maintenance.
- Process required paperwork within deadlines.
- Maintain part inventory of service truck.
- Changing of engine fluids and filters.
- Engine repairs (wide variety of diesel and gas engines)
- Electrical and Control diagnosis
- Load-Bank Testing/Certifications
- 24hr. Emergency Response
- Utilize measuring equipment including multimeters, ammeters and megohmmeters for the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Assist lower level Field Service Technicians in completing work assignments as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Degree relating to diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches, or 5-7 years of experience working with critical equipment systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc.
- Previous experience servicing: CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical equipment as it relates to Generators
- Work on a flexible work schedule 24x7x365 and respond to emergency calls as needed
- Participate in the rotating responsibility of a 24/7 on-call technician rotation.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Lift & Shift Procedures
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Basic computational skills, including the use of a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence and service tickets, as well as, proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Reader.
- Excellent & Competitive Salary
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at various company facilities across the nation
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
OUR CORPORATE VALUES
- Safety First – “Safety Doesn’t Happen By Accident!”
- Personal Integrity & Accountability in All We Do!
- Knock-Their-Socks-Off Customer Satisfaction!
- Best-In-Class Employee Career Satisfaction!
- Sustained, Profitable Growth!
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V