This is You:
A highly skilled Generator Technician in the power generation industry, with excellent mechanical & electrical capabilities for servicing diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches of various power generation equipment (e.g., CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.), at various customer sites, you are well-liked and respected by your customers and your peers, you have a strong work ethic, and you enjoy your work, especially the open road with a lot of variety.
This is Us:
We are Unified Power! Our 200+ employees provide preventive maintenance, demand maintenance, and emergency services for over 7,000 customers across the USA including federal, state, and local governments, telecommunications companies, cable television & broadband providers, data center operators, hospitals, and many others.
In order to support our growth, we are always seeking quality teammates like you to join our team.
This is the Opportunity:
If you are top talent in the power generation industry, we can offer you an attractive compensation package including industry-leading compensation & health benefits, a company-matched 401K retirement plan, a generous vacation & personal time off package, a company-owned vehicle, and access to our industry-leading continuous training programs held at our world-class training & support center, as well as, access to our online employee training portal; Unified Power University. You will also have full access to our team of full-time Technical Support Engineers, and our multi-million-dollar spare parts center.
Interested? This is What You Do Next:
Want to be considered for a Generator Technician position with Unified Power? Great… just submit your resume to this job posting, and one of our Human Resource professionals will be in contact with you quickly. And of course, your information will be held strictly confidential.
We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
- Must have electrical and mechanical aptitude, relating to diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches
- Previous experience working with power generation equipment such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc. [CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.]
- Must be available and willing to work various shifts, weekend, holidays, and respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance eligibility
- Basic computational skills, including the use of a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence and service tickets, as well as proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Reader.
- Travel to customer site and perform scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs on a variety of state-of-the-art diesel and natural gas generators [CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.]
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose power generation equipment, including problems with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and generator controls AC and DC.
- Travel to customer site within required response time to perform, diagnose, and repair emergency maintenance on generator equipment.
- Complete required documentation timely and accurately, using the company computer system(s) and properly assess & report urgency of all needed repairs.
- Interact with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at our World-Class Training Center.
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Company-provided credit card to cover work related travel expenses
- Company-provided cell phone
- Company-provided vehicle
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization