Unified Power is a premier national critical power service provider, providing service to Uninterruptible Power Supply units, generators, DC Plants, PDU’s and more.
Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure to over 7,000 customer sites across the country.
Unified Power’s professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and educational institutions.
Unified Power is currently seeking a highly skilled, highly motivated, success-driven, Field Engineer, to join our growing team.
Our Field Service Engineers hold a critical customer facing role to ensure our customers’ needs are exceeded and are responsible for the troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of UPS systems, AC/DC Rectifiers, Batteries, and Power Distribution Units (PDU’s) at various customer sites.
- Commission, maintain and provide emergency support for power electronics at customer sites within the designated geographic area
- Perform preventive maintenance, equipment start-ups, field modifications and/or battery replacements
- Participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOP), when required
- Participate in regular training sessions held at the company's headquarters utilizing test equipment to enhance trouble-shooting skills
- Discuss problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment, with in-house and OEM technical support, when necessary
- Communicate with customer site personnel to keep them apprised of all onsite or equipment related issues
- 3-5 years working in the critical power industry with UPS, DC Power Systems and/or OEM experience
- Previous military experience in electronics or avionics – or- a 2-4 year technical degree or certificate
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot faults to component level on equipment such as UPS systems, batteries, DC power systems, PDU’s, Inverter Systems, etc.
- Knowledge of equipment manufacturers (OEM) specifications
- Capable of utilizing hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiative and discipline
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100 pounds during certain services
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a fully insurable status
- Must be willing to travel, work nights and weekends when necessary, and be available for on-call readiness 24/7 with occasional periods of extended travel.
- Must be willing to apply for Security Clearance with the US Federal Government.
- Excellent Salary
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at various company facilities across the nation
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
OUR CORPORATE VALUES:
- Safety First – “Safety Doesn’t Happen By Accident!”
- Personal Integrity & Accountability in All We Do!
- Knock-Their-Socks-Off Customer Satisfaction!
- Best-In-Class Employee Career Satisfaction!
- Sustained, Profitable Growth!
Our employees make the difference through their passion and purpose every day!
Come be a part of our success!