When shopping for a new automobile, a growing number of consumers are opting for the value and security of buying a certified, pre-owned vehicle. In addition to the obvious benefit of a significantly lower purchase price, this alternative affords several other advantages, including lower total cost of ownership and the peace of mind of knowing that the model vehicle has an established performance record.
Those same benefits apply when buying a certified pre-owned uninterruptible power system (UPS). Provided you purchase from a reputable dealer, you can expect to reap a number of rewards over deploying a brand-new UPS. Consider the following:
- Lower purchase price. Just as the value of a new vehicle drops the moment it rolls off the car lot, the sticker price on a certified, pre-owned UPS will be notably less than that of a brand-new unit. And if you’re concerned about reliability, you can rest assured that a reputable dealer will examine all parts and components and if necessary, recondition or replace them to ensure optimal performance of the pre-owned unit.
- Reduced service costs. Because pre-owned equipment can be serviced and maintained by an independent service organization — as opposed to the original manufacturer mandating service on new UPSs — you can expect the costs to be significantly less.
- Fewer kinks. If you’ve ever purchased a brand-new UPS, you have probably also received several field service bulletins (FSBs) alerting you to yet another newly discovered issue. This is a typical occurrence with new power protection solutions, as the manufacturer often needs to work out some equipment glitches. Yet a UPS that is 2 to 3 years old generally offers a proven track record with much fewer FSBs, resulting in more reliable equipment.
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO). An important metric when evaluating a UPS, TCO considers all costs associated with owning a unit, including purchase price, operating expenses, maintenance, and cost of components. Because of the advantages already outlined above, a certified pre-owned UPS is poised to deliver better TCO than most brand-new UPSs.
When considering a certified pre-owned UPS, make sure you work with a reputable power protection company that is experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. At Unified Power, we specialize in matching the best solution to each customer’s specific power needs and budget; whether it be new or pre-owned equipment Unified Power offers services plans for manufacturer’s UPS systems.
Latest posts by Robert Parrish (see all)
- An Uptime Solution You Can Really Bank On: Why UPSs Are Essential To The Financial Sector - August 31, 2017
- Why a UPS Solution is the Perfect Prescription for Health Care - July 31, 2017
- Reasons To Buy A Certified Pre-Owned UPS - April 21, 2017