Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
The Sourcing & Logistics Coordinator is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for direct & indirect materials services, fixed assets and tooling, parts and services for quoting purposes. These products and services are to be secured at competitive cost, quality, and delivery consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, expediting, and inventory control of the products and services as assigned or requisitioned using various company systems like NetSuite.
This position requires professional communication both internally and externally working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates, customers, and suppliers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for material, MRO, and/or special tools, parts and services; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required.
- Works close coordination with Sales team and Field Engineers to assure timely execution of quoting process and quality requirements with suppliers.
- Assists in securing and analyzing quotes; obtaining current pricing, negotiating prices and terms with suppliers; recommending suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Will assist with in house parts inventory, identifying and maintaining stock levels on critical and high use item
- Will help coordinate the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with NetSuite system requirements or as arranged with the requisitioner
- Reads and interprets materials needs from service orders
- Coordinate small package and LTL freight shipments from vendor locations, create labels and documents trough web based systems
- Track shipments for open orders through delivery and updating customers with expected delivery dates.
- Assist with a repair plan for RMA parts, periodic inventory cycle counts and managing tool inventory for field engineers
- Perform periodic cycle counts on tools for Field Engineers, and issue complete tool kits for new hires
- Track annual calibration schedules of existing tools and PPE’s
- Track market prices and trends, engineering developments and service method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities and advises company activities with concurrence of the Logistics and Facilities Manager.
- May visit suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems
- Ensure that the procedures regarding the administration are followed and executed professionally.
- Keeping track of the business records including the purchases and sales.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum requirement of two (2) years of progressively responsibility for sourcing materials in a diverse service environment
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Good time and project management skills
- Strategic and Tactical thinker and multi-tasker
- Strengths in problem solving follow up and details
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working experience with NetSuite System or similar is a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to be in on the on-call rotation within the first 2-3 months of employment.
- Attention to detail