Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
The Human Resource Generalist supports operating units and functions within the company by providing human resources services, including, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions and payroll system input.
In addition, this employee participates in planning for the organization concerning training, employee development, benefit and other incentive programs, company policies etc. They also provides guidance for supervisors and managers on HR policies, empowerment and handbook implementation.
This position is accountable for being responsive to employee and business needs including information requests, compliance requests and addressing these accordingly to company’s procedure and policies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists with recruiting and staffing logistics including interviewing, handling background testing, drug screening and the recruiting testing processes along with Onboarding process
- Responsible for the administration of benefits including medical, dental, life, vision, short-term disability insurance and 401(k) retirement savings plan including claims resolution, maintaining providers web sites with changes and updates, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assist in the administration of the compensation program; including research, market studies and trends
- Administer performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Responsible for payroll ADP entry including: Enter of new employees, EE changes of status, enter deductions for benefits, taxes, process direct deposits, identify and resolve discrepancies, etc.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts, evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment (i.e. records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations)
- Handling employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
- Ensures effective utilization of benefits and positive employee relations
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records (i.e. personnel files, separate safety, medical and Workers’ Comp, payroll, 401K, Insurance, COBRA, NetSuite etc.), compiles reports from database.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and local area HR Association.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required preferably in a service environment
Knowledge on Performance Management, Benefit & Compensation Administration, Training and Employee Development, Labor Relations, Conflict Resolution Employment Law
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Good time and project management skills
- Strategic and Tactical thinker and multi-tasker
- Advanced listening, comprehension
- Strengths in problem solving follow up and details
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working experience with ADP, benefit carrier websites, NetSuite System or similar is a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to come in early and work late when needed.
- Attention to detail